The Association of South Carolina Energy Managers (ASCEM) provides information to members to foster a common energy management program for South Carolina. ASCEM:
- consolidates experience, knowledge, and interest in the field of energy management;
- disseminates information;
- shares strategies for the financing; and
- implements energy efficiency projects.
ASCEM bylaws explain the purpose and powers of the organization, details about membership and voting rights, the responsibilities of officers, and other important information about the organization.
Qualifications and requirements for membership in the Association are:
- ACTIVE: Upon application and payment of prescribed annual dues, an active membership may be granted to any person permanently employed by a School District or a local, State, or Federal government activity in South Carolina, who is actively engaged in energy-related matters;
- ASSOCIATE: Upon application and payment of prescribed annual dues, an associate membership may be granted to any person who is actively engaged in energy management, but is not otherwise qualified for Active membership;
- HONORARY: The Executive Board of the Association by a majority vote of the constituted Executive Board, may confer Honorary membership upon any individual who has rendered outstanding service to the Association; or
- VENDOR: Upon application and payment of prescribed annual dues, a vendor membership may be granted to any individual representing a commercial organization that offers for sale a product or service which is energy related.
Office of Regulatory Staff
SC Energy Office